Rabbits shouldn’t eat this
There is a wide range of different treats in all colors and variations in pet shops. But some additives do more harm than good to rabbits. Read here which food you should absolutely avoid for your rabbits.
Each rabbit pen must have at least one hay rack, as fresh hay is the main food for rabbits.
A species-appropriate diet for rabbits also includes fresh food, vegetables and fruit and, if necessary, some dry food. However, there are certain things that rabbits should absolutely not eat.
What can rabbits not eat?
Rabbit food and treats that contain grain, honey and nuts, among other things, should not be fed to rabbits.
Snack sticks and other snacks don’t help the tooth abrasion, as often propagated by the feed industry, but rather harm the health of your rabbits.
Dried bread is also difficult for your rabbit to digest.
Likewise, a number of vegetables and fruits (onion plants, exotic fruits, avocados) and some legumes (beans, peas, lentils) are not suitable as rabbit food, but are basically intolerable for rabbits.
Salt licks and limestone should also be avoided in an otherwise balanced diet.
Incompatible vegetables and fruits
However, some types of vegetables and fruit as well as legumes are generally intolerable for rabbits and should therefore be banned from the diet. These include:
Legumes (beans, peas, lentils)
Exotic fruits (e.g. mangoes, papaya, lychee etc.)
Unhealthy snacks for rabbits
Snack sticks and crackers from pet shops contain grain, honey and nuts, among other things, and are said to meet the need to gnaw and serve to wear down teeth. But this is not the case! Therefore, it is better not to feed your rabbit with it.
Because feed ingredients such as grain and nuts make your rabbit ill: Rabbit feed with these ingredients leads to obesity and serious disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Tip: Regular tooth abrasion through intensive grinding of the molars is important for the dental health of your rabbit. To ensure adequate tooth wear, offer your rabbit high-fiber rabbit food such as hay and greens. This is the only way to ensure adequate tooth wear.
Other snacks that you might want to cut out of your rabbit’s diet usually include these ingredients:
milk and dairy products
- Kanarienvögel sind bekannt und beliebt für ihren schönen Gesang
- Canaries are known and loved for their beautiful singing
- Kanaryalar güzel şarkı söylemeleriyle tanınır ve sevilir
- Wellensittiche sind sehr beliebt
- Muhabbet kuşları çok popüler
- Budgies are very popular
- Kaninchen: Vieh, Käfig, Scheune und Gehege
- Rabbits: husbandry, cage, stall and enclosure
- Tavşanlar: hayvancılık, kafes, ahır ve muhafaza
- Hamsterallergie, was kann man dagegen tun?
- Hamster Alerjisi, Bu Konuda Ne Yapabilirsiniz?
- Hamster Allergy, What Can You Do About It?
- Was ist niedlicher als ein Shetlandpony?
- What’s cuter than a Shetland Pony?
- Shetland Midillisinden daha sevimli olan nedir?