Although pet HAIR allergies are always talked about, the hair is not the problem. It is the saliva that sticks to them, as well as the animal’s dander and urine. Often the trigger is hay and bedding.
What to do if you have a hamster allergy?
• Clean the cage regularly
“Pee corners” in the cage should be cleaned regularly. He should also be checked for wet/damp spots (e.g. moldy fresh food). If you have the opportunity, do the big cage cleaning outside and/or have someone who is not allergic do it for you. Otherwise, it is best to wear gloves and a breathing mask and then ventilate well (beware of drafts). Then wipe the parquet or laminate with a damp cloth. If possible, remove carpets because they are real dust and hair catchers.
• “Dusted” or low-dust litter
Dusted or low-dust bedding is available in pet shops. This is strongly recommended.
• Washing helps!
If you have had contact with your hamster or the cage equipment, it is best to wash your hands afterwards and, if in doubt, change your clothes.
• The cage has no place in the bedroom
In the case of an allergy, the cage must not be in the bedroom or the hamster running around in it. Nevertheless, the bed linen should be washed regularly because you carry the allergic substances with your clothes.
Allergy not getting better?
Pet dander allergies should never be underestimated. There are people who develop asthma as an allergic reaction. Hamsters are cute, small, furry animals, but if you have a severe hamster allergy, it’s best to stay away and give the animal away. Especially if the symptoms remain the same or are getting worse. And if children live in the house.
- Kanarienvögel sind bekannt und beliebt für ihren schönen Gesang
- Canaries are known and loved for their beautiful singing
- Kanaryalar güzel şarkı söylemeleriyle tanınır ve sevilir
- Wellensittiche sind sehr beliebt
- Muhabbet kuşları çok popüler
- Budgies are very popular
- Kaninchen: Vieh, Käfig, Scheune und Gehege
- Rabbits: husbandry, cage, stall and enclosure
- Tavşanlar: hayvancılık, kafes, ahır ve muhafaza
- Hamsterallergie, was kann man dagegen tun?
- Hamster Alerjisi, Bu Konuda Ne Yapabilirsiniz?
- Hamster Allergy, What Can You Do About It?
- Was ist niedlicher als ein Shetlandpony?
- What’s cuter than a Shetland Pony?
- Shetland Midillisinden daha sevimli olan nedir?